We’ve identified the breakthroughs on this page because most of them represent “an important discovery that happens after trying for a long time to understand or explain something,” and all of them provide an opportunity for people to have a “sudden increase in knowledge, understanding, etc.” – Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary
Right now, we’re quickly speeding towards the edge of a cliff that we’re about to spectacularly fly off of without hardly leaving any skid marks at all.
We urgently need breakthroughs all over the place right now because our status quo systems are grossly failing us to the point that not only are so many species and ecosystems at risk, but we’re already triggering tipping points that will challenge the mere habitability of our planet for many species and ecosystems.
If you aren’t sure how urgent the situation is, or want share some information about the urgency with others, then click here to dig deeper.
Changing How We Do Things
Each of these breakthrough concepts can reshape how we do things. We’re providing details about how each of them do that.
Creating an Alternate Future
Our current systems and processes are driving us towards a dystopian, and an increasingly apocalyptic future.
The combination of these breakthroughs, together, lead us to an achievable alternate future, that we can choose to manifest together that is much more favorable than the one we’re experiencing now.
a sudden increase in knowledge, understanding, etc. : an important discovery that happens after trying for a long time to understand or explain something
Overcoming Overwhelming Challenges
Uniting for Action was created to support society in effectively addressing large-scale and urgent challenges – the types of challenges that have not been effectively met for years or decades – like pollution, deforestation, climate change, racism, etc.
Uniting for Action provides support to society across six dimensions:
It works with individuals, organizations, and businesses to create solutions to effectively address specific issues, like social justice, the climate crisis, and deforestation.
Information for Action
Introducing a Revolutionary Social Media Platform
Uniting for Action is revolutionizing how we address issues, creating infrastructure that allows us to powerfully and adequately address all issues.
Uniting for Action has created the Information for Action system to allow us to effectively manage all our societal challenges.
Information for Action is a revolutionary social media platform that lets us all collaboratively work together in synergy.
Preventing Dissipation of Energy
Uniting for Action was formed in 2017 in the aftermath of the Standing Rock, Women’s March, and People’s Climate March protests.
Seeing that there were no systems for energized activists to organize sustained, and transformational actions following the protests, the founder of Uniting for Action began programming a website platform that could effectively organize and coordinate effective collective actions.
Reverse Engineering Society
Seeing no organized national response to the withdrawal of the United States from the Paris Climate Agreement, the founder of Uniting for Action realized that it wasn’t just a technological platform that was needed – there was a clear lack of national strategy and supporting infrastructure.
Using his training in Aerospace Engineering, the founder spent several months reverse engineering our society to break down the forces that drive our society, understanding how to direct and use those forces to effectively address our greatest challenges.
He narrowed the forces that drive our society down to the Forces for Action.
Forces for Action
- industry associations
- appointed officials
- elected officials
- election campaigns
- political action committees
- political parties
- faith-based organizations
- religious leaders
- houses of worship
- educational institutions
- educational standards
- research organizations
- social media
- viral videos
- social media influencers
- online content
- non-governmental organizations
- grassroots movements
Map for Action
The founder of Uniting for Action observed the dynamics of how most issues were either exacerbated or mitigated by businesses and government.
He began to see how mass, coordinated actions with enough leverage to change business or government behavior were required to effectively address issues.
He observed the roles that organizations could play as the organizers and executors of such massive, paradigm shifting actions.
Limits Within Current Systems
The founder of Uniting for Action began to examine the limitations inherent within existing systems that allow many important and urgent issues, such as the climate crisis, rainforest deforestation, and air and water pollution continue to get worse, rather than better, despite tens of thousands of organizations devoted to these issues.
Going Beyond Limits
It is from the examination of the existing limits and the reverse engineering of successful campaigns that Uniting for Action developed the six Campaign Components required to each function at a high level, and synergistically with each other, in order to create large-scale transformational results.
Strategy is often times a primary, and necessary first step because many challenges are so multi-faceted, large-scale, and perpetuated by very strong corporate and government forces, that highly developed, multi-phase, long-term strategic solutions are required.
Our current systems are not built for these types of collective strategic solutions, which is a major reason that much of our efforts in many different issue areas have fallen short for so long.
New System Required
In order to effectively marshal all of our available resources we need a system which allows us to effectively organize and manage all of our resources.
Information for Action is the necessary foundational first phase of the transformational system our challenges require.
This video describes why a new Collective Strategic Solutions System is necessary.
We’re uniting people, businesses, and organizations across society to:
- maintain a habitable planet, and create a sustainable society
- effectively address human, civil, and environmental justice issues
- provide education and information that allows everyone to align their lifestyle and purchasing choices with their personal principles
- leverage bloc purchasing power to influence corporations and institutional investors to align business decisions and investments with the health and welfare of the population and planet
- restore our representative government so that government actions reflect the will of the people
- organize a network of advocates that allows everyone to take meaningful, collective actions around the issues they care about
- facilitate strategic plans and campaigns that scale grassroots solutions to the scope needed to address our most challenging local and planetary issues
The people, businesses, and organizations Uniting for Action, are united by the following principles:
- We take responsibility for our world, and do our best to align our daily choices and actions to create the world we want to live in.
- We express our dissent about what we don’t like in order raise our energy level. We choose to channel our energy into organizing and collaborating to proactively create what we want.
- We’re willing to take the actions necessary to achieve what we say we want.
- We recognize and embrace the need to come together in cooperation, coordination, and synergy in order to scale our solutions to the necessary scope to adequately address our most challenging local and planetary issues.
- We seek the active participation of all people, businesses, and organizations, regardless of religious, cultural, or political affiliation.
- We believe that human, civil, and environmental rights are non-partisan issues that should not be politicized. We seek to be a unifying force to create liberty and justice for all.
The Vaccine Considerations Project
In order for us, as a society, to effectively address our challenges, we must work together collectively and cooperatively.
Uniting for Action is providing a road map, a strategic plan, supporting technology, and a dedicated network of university students across the country.
We’re developing an interconnected ecosystem of aligned stakeholders to realize our shared vision.